Besides its core activity, ExVA Kft. also undertakes the performing of numerous custom tests. Such testing is custom tailored to our partners’ needs. This includes electrical testing, air handling related measurements, the inspection of plastics, thermal imaging, gas technology tests, as well as measurement and data collection.
- Breakdown test
- Insulation test
Electrical testing – including breakdown tests and insulation tests – is performed to determine the insulation properties, that is, to be precise, the insulation dip voltage of insulating materials, clearances and creepage distances. This test is performed for appliances or insulating components where voltages occurring in the appliance or those produced when using the respective insulating material reach or exceed the standard-compliant value, and if extreme circumstances can arise during the use of a given component (material).
- Air velocity measurement
- Flow measurement
For technologies where the explosion hazard is prevented using pressurised protection, inlet and outlet volumes need to be measured. Quantities required for protection can be calculated from the result of air velocity and flow measurements.
- Insulation resistance measurement
- Surface resistivity measurement
- Heat and cold resistance measurement
- Conditioning of materials in a heat chamber
Our company also engages in the testing of insulating materials, plastics and casting plastics used in electrical installations. Cold resistance measurements can be used to determine the physical deformations and changes of such materials.
Surface resistivity is measured according to the (MSZ) EN IEC 60079-0 (Hungarian) standard for all apparatuses whose surface has the capacity to take up an electrostatic charge. These materials are subjected to conditioning in the climatic chamber before testing.
- 3D thermal imaging
- Heat maps
Thermal imaging tests and heat mapping is used to survey the surface temperature of appliances and industrial facilities.
Gas technology testing
- Precision measurement of the concentration of H2 and CH4 gas mixtures
- Production of freely chosen gas concentrations
Our own precision gas analyser is used to determine the exact concentration of any type of gas that may be present in explosive premises.
The computer-controlled precision digital gas mixer we developed and manufacture can produce any gas concentration with an accuracy of 0.1%.
Measurement and data capture
- Temperature measurement
- Voltage measurement
- Current measurement
Temperature measurements constitute an indispensable test for electrical equipment, and are used to determine the respective product’s temperature class. We can perform such temperature measurements with very high accuracy with our logger. We have the capacity to measure the electrical parameters (voltage, current) of components whose specifications are not adequately accurate in the standard, and we can also verify whether these are consistent with the values declared by the manufacturer.
Ingress protection testing
Machinery, equipment and electrical appliances are designed by manufacturers with enclosures that are suitable for the conditions of use. In some cases the expected use must be ensured safely and, where possible, permanently even in extreme weather and operating conditions (e.g. dusty, wet environments). Methods for simulating the most common environmental conditions (e.g. dripping water, water jets, dust) are also available in the IP standards. Such tests are usually carried out for manufacturers in appropriately designed laboratory environments and under controlled conditions, before placing the product on the market or putting it into service. We have the capacity to perform tests associated with the following IP grades, on electrical products (EN/IEC 60529), rotating machinery (EN/IEC 60034-5), lamps (EN/IEC 60598-1) and electrical components for motor vehicles (ISO 20653):
Protection against water
- IPX1 Protected against vertically falling water drops
- IPX2 Protected against vertically falling water drops with enclosure tilted up to 15 degrees
- IPX3 Protected against spraying water
- IPX4 Protected against splashing water
- IPX4K Protected against splashing water with increased pressure
- IPX5 Protected against water jets
- IPX6 Protected against powerful water jets (waves)
- IPX6K Protected against powerful, high-speed water jets with increased pressure
- IPX7 Protected against the effects of temporary immersion in water
- IPX8 Protected against the effects of continuous immersion in water
- IPX9 Protected against powerful high-temperature water jets
- IPX9K Protected against close-range high pressure, high-temperature spray downs
Protection against solid objects
- IP1X Protected against solid objects 50mm diameter and greater (contact with the back of a hand)
- IP2X Protected against solid objects 12.5mm diameter and greater (contact with fingers)
- IP3X Protected against solid objects 2.5mm diameter and greater (contact with tools)
- IP4X Protected against solid objects 1mm diameter and greater (contact with wires)
- IP5X/IP5KX Dust-protected and against contact with wires
- IP6X/IP6KX Dust-tight and against contact with wires